KAREE & OLIVE GUEST LODGE, HEKPOORT, MAGALIESBURG
|KAREE & OLIVE GUEST LODGE, HEKPOORT, MAGALIESBURG
|Contact Person:||Ilze Porter|
|Phone:||+27 63 793 7786
Karee & Wild Olive Guest Lodge - Luxury accommodation on a working game farm in Hekpoort, Magaliesburg, Gauteng
The Karee & Wild Olive Guest Lodge offers luxurious accommodation on an intimate game farm in Hekpoort, described by our guests as tranquil and peaceful. Here visitors can immerse themselves in nature and experience game such as sable antelope, kudu, nyala, springbok to name but a few up close. Our farm is a birders and photographers paradise.
Nestled on the southern slopes of the Magaliesberg Mountain, Hekpoort is a predominantly farming area situated only a short drive from Hartbeespoort Dam, Johannesburg and Pretoria.
Hekpoort is one of the closest areas to the Magaliesberg, the looming richly wooded mountain range with a flat top of quartzite rock - the playground of Jo’burgers wanting to get away from the city and much loved by hikers, mountain bikers and rock climbers alike.
We are perfectly situated and in close proximity of a range of wedding venues, leisure activities such as clay pigeon shooting, spas, yoga studios and romantic hot air balloon flights.
Feb/March 2021 Special: 10% Discount - min 2 night stay (excl public holidays) - only if booked directly with us!
Accommodation at Karee & Wild Olive Guest Lodge
Kingfisher (Deluxe Double)
Decorated in soft grey and pink, this room brings a sense of calm and luxury. The en-suite bathroom is large and incorporates a big corner bath.
Designed for comfort, this room does not spare expense and includes other luxuries such as a coffee station, flat screen TV and DSTV (cable). Watch the birdlife in the garden from the comfort of your bed or whilst enjoying your early morning coffee.
Loerie (Deluxe Queen)
Decorated in a soft natural palette, this very large luxurious room boasts a extra-length queen size bed and a fireplace, ideal for cold winter evenings and where you can sit whilst sipping a glass of complimentary sherry.
The large full en-suite bathroom offers double facilities whilst the room is fitted with other luxuries such as flat-screen TV and full suite of DSTV channels.
Spoonbill (Deluxe Queen Cottage)
This room is a guest favourite at Karee & Wild Olive. This deluxe suite is separate from the main lodge with its own private entrance. Decorated in hues of blue, this charming room creates a soothing ambiance that is perfect for some R&R.
This semi-self catering room combines classic décor with modern amenities such as flat screen TV, DSTV (cable), a fridge, microwave and hair dryer.
Pricing includes a continental breakfast served on the veranda, or with advance notice, can be packed as picnic basket to be enjoyed anywhere on the farm.
Services & Facilities
- Scrumptious continental or full English breakfast served daily on the veranda.
- Enjoy a gourmet picnic at a beautiful setting on the farm.
- Free wifi available in our rooms and common areas.
- We can assist in booking some of the activities in the area.
- Enjoy a relaxing massage in your room or in a secluded nature spot.
- Check-In: 03:00 PM / Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Things to do around Hekpoort
- Breweries & Distilleries - Visit the well known Black Horse and Nobleman Breweries, both in close proximity.
- Cultural Sites - The world famous UNESCO World Heritage site, Cradle of Human Kind and Maropeng.
- Cycling & Hiking - We are situated near several well known hiking and cycling routes such as well known Breedts Neck.
- Game viewing - Self-guided walks on the farm will bring you up close and personal with our tame game, alternatively visit larger game reserves such as Askari.
- Leisure Activities - Clay pigeon shooting, scenic flights, hot air ballooning and much more!
Please contact your host Ilze at Karee & Wild Olive Guest Lodge directly for BOOKINGS & ENQUIRIES.