SAAMRUS GUEST FARM
|SAAMRUS GUEST FARM
|Contact Person:||Annatjie Geldenhuys|
072 487 1733
|Address:||R560, Cnr R24, Magaliesburg 1791, South Africa|
SAAMRUS GUEST FARM - SELF CATERING AND PET FRIENDLY ACCOMMODATION IN MAGALIESBURG, WEST RAND, GAUTENG
We offer Self-catering, Pet Friendly, Farm Cottages in Magaliesburg, Gauteng.
Do you dream of wide open views, walking along a forest path or sitting under a tree listening to the gentle sound of water flowing...
Then Saamrus Guest Farm is the place for you. Situated in a woodland valley between a tranquil stream and the foothills of the ancient Magaliesberg Mountains, just one hour's drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria. We offer comfortable and charming self catering farm cottages surrounded by 500 hectares of unspoiled nature, bird life and walking freedom. It is the ideal getaway for nature lovers and hikers or romantic couples looking for seclusion. A better rest than all the rest!
Pets welcome! Saamrus is a home-from-home for you and your best friend.
If you would rather stay at home than leave the four legged members of your family behind, why not bring them along? A special pet welcome awaits all breeds of socialised and house-trained dogs. Even cats and caged birds will feel at home.
Each cottage has a fenced garden to keep your pets safe while you take a nap or generally indulge in some human-only relaxation. When you're strolling with your dogs along the river banks or heading out on longer hill-rambles on the 500ha of walking freedom, dogs are allowed to run freely off the lead.
SELF CATERING GUEST FARM ACCOMMODATION IN MAGALIESBURG
Each cottage at Saamrus has a special character, with every convenience to make your stay more comfortable and memorable.
Most of the cottages are at least 50m apart, except Tarentaal and Kiewiet which are about 15m apart. We have used reeds and hedges for screening to give you maximum privacy and seclusion.
CLICK on the links below to read more about our cottages:
- Tarentaal & Kiewiet cottages (Foot of the Hill)
- Hoephoep Cottage (Foot of the Hill)
- Die Plaashuis (Foot of the Hill)
- Piet-my-vrou Cottage (60m uphill in the bush)
- Karee & Olienhout Cottages (On the Hill)
- Akasia Cottage (On the Hill)
- Kiepersol Cottage (On the Hill)
- Suikerbos Cottage (On the Hill)
Units include the following:
- A fenced garden for the dogs.
- A private braai at each unit with an extra fire pit at most of the units.
- Fireplaces in all cottages. Most cottages have ceiling fans or loose-standing fans. Some units have wall-heaters for extra heating in winter.
- DSTV: Bring your own decoder and adaptor for decoder to work on two cables only (No reception without decoder!).
- Kitchens are fully equipped including: fridge, microwave, two-plate gas stove, kettle, toaster, pots and pans, crockery and cutlery, dishwashing liquid and dishcloths. Braai utensils are also supplied.
- Bathrooms with showers and romantic baths for two (only in some cottages). Towels, soap, air freshener and toilet paper are supplied.
- Bedrooms: Supplied with bed linen, pillows and blankets. Electric blankets in some units.
- Firewood for sale. Staff on duty will deliver to your unit.
RATES FOR SELF CATERING ACCOMMODATION
CLICK HERE for more information regarding our Accommodation Rates.
FEATURES OF SAAMRUS GUEST FARM
Dogs are allowed to run free when going on walks; however it is advisable to keep a leash handy just in case. Dogs that are more territorial should rather be kept on a leash while walking at Saamrus. With more than a kilometre of leafy riverside walks as well as another 500 ha of indigenous bush and veld walks, you and your dog(s) will certainly get lots of exercise and enjoyment.
WALKS AND HIKES
We have more than a kilometre of river front walks amongst leafy trees as well as 500 ha of hiking in indigenous forest and grassland in the foothills of the Magaliesberg Mountains.
Get down to earth and leave behind the stresses of the city. Explore nature and find yourself again as you appreciate the abundant birds, indigenous trees, grass and plants on the hillside walks or just watch nature from a chair on the patio.
Romantic, self catering, getaway less than an hour away from Johannesburg.
If you are looking for a romantic getaway with your partner and would prefer the more affordable option of Self Catering Accommodation, Saamrus is within easy reach for a quick weekend away.